Monday, March 14, 2011

French Ephemera Table

This is just a quick post on a project I did before I started blogging.  I had a small tile top table that I bought at "Homesense" a couple of years ago.  I loved the gracefull curving of the legs, but wasn't so "in-love" with  the pattern on the top.  What to do?  Well, when I came across the Graphics Fairy blog months ago, I started downlouding lots of images of "French Ephemera" which I thought were really "cool".  I figured I'd use them some day, and here's one of the projects I ended up doing with some of the images.  I couldn't decide on just one, so I ended up doing a collage on top of the table, using Mod Podge.  Unfortunately, I don't have a "before" shot, since it was made before I started blogging.  Here are some "after" shots though, and I'm much happier with the table.



I used  a French letter, postcard, piece of lovely handwritting that says "Paris" and  perfume label.  The lighter background is just some co-ordinating paper that I ripped to look like pieces of broken china.  Then I added some lace and ribbon to finish it off.  The whole thing was done using Mod Podge, and then a spray of clear acrylic sealer to protect it - and  "voila"- a French Ephemera Collage Table in under an hour.


Here's a close-up.



This is a side view of the curvy legs, which I love.



I usually keep this candle on it, and it sits in my bedroom, but the lighting in there is not the greatest for photography.


Hope you enjoyed this short, but sweet posting.

Au Revoir!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Stopped by from Brag Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great...can't wait to see the finished project...good luck with the job as well...visit my blog and follow along...I think you'll like it...nice to meet you,
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and will read each and every one. Please leave an email address if you would like me to respond.